Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Can anyone with an R3 tell me if the std arm on the gearshift spline can be turned 180 degrees?

Or do we have to fabricate/purchase a wider one to clear the cases to reverse the shift pattern.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Can anyone with an R3 tell me if the std arm on the gearshift spline can be turned 180 degrees?

Or do we have to fabricate/purchase a wider one to clear the cases to reverse the shift pattern.
With stock rearset, you cannot convert to GP shift, as the shift rod interferes with rearset mounting bolt - I tried.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The shift arm can be reversed but part of the plastic countershaft sprocket cover would need to be removed. Unfortunately the stock rearset gets in the way of the shift rod when you try to convert to gp shift with stock rearsets.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have Sato rear sets on my BMW, and I love them. I have ridden with Vortex in the past and I did not care for them too much. But yes, big price difference too. You could see if Woodcraft will make something for the R3.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
The Sato rearsets for the R3 are very well made, and allow for GP shift. You may need to add MC return spring, as stock brake lever return spring goes away with the Sato install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts