Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my r3 for a little less than 2 weeks and it's already saved me from getting 2 tickets. I'm not the kind of rider that goes around racking up tickets normally, but twice in the past two weeks, I haven't noticed until it was too late that I was being speed checked. Both times I looked down at my speedometer and was to relieved to find out I wasn't going fast enough to be stopped. Just another reason to love my r3

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I avoid Cooper, Collins, Matlock pretty much that whole part of town as much as possible. They do run speed traps over here on Green Oaks where the speed limit is ridiculously low. Today I was on 1187 headed into Mansfield and one of their blacked out units was in the turn lane checking the traffic coming into town. He did a bat turn right in front of me and pulled over the car just ahead of me.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I took last Thursday off and spent the day getting to know my new bike. It was a very calm ride and I behaved myself, since it's been years since my last bike.
I rode by a cop standing on the side of the road checking traffic with laser and as I rode by, I gave him a wave (I always wave to cops). I noticed that he gave me a funny look.
When I got home and watched my GoPro footage, I saw that when I rode by him, I was doing 56 in a 40mph zone. LOL

Thankful he let me go.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My R3 always gives me the illusion that I'm going faster than I am esp. on side streets. I had a SV650 before this and was always going too fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts