Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a track day with evolveGT at NJMP today

and one of the coaches had an R3 running supercorsa SC1 . SC2.

He says he has to use warmers with them
but they are awesome.

140-70 zr 17 SC2 in the rear

110 70 ZR 17 SC1 in the front

When I am done with my bridgestones, I might try these next, He said last year he ran the dunlop alpha 13, takeoffs from the ktm 390 motoamerica bikes, and he liked them, but he loves these supercorsas

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
They are definitely the preferred tire for most racers here. You could definitely use them without warmers but there are a lot of reasons why you should use warmers if you can

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you aren't in upper intermediate to advanced you should just go with the Rosso II's. Very similar and a bit cheaper. That's what I race with and I have zero issues and I'm only 5s off the leaders. I run them on the warmers set on low. They are also DOT so perfect for light rain on the street.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you aren't in upper intermediate to advanced you should just go with the Rosso II's. Very similar and a bit cheaper. That's what I race with and I have zero issues and I'm only 5s off the leaders. I run them on the warmers set on low. They are also DOT so perfect for light rain on the street.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They are a very different tire. I absolutely hated the DR2's, the feel and feedback is VERY different. You can still run a very quick pace and they will last longer

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are a very different tire. I absolutely hated the DR2's, the feel and feedback is VERY different. You can still run a very quick pace and they will last longer
VULGR.
so you dont recommend the Diablo Rosso II at all?
Or you do, but they arent even close to the SC1/SC2?

·
Registered
424 Posts
VULGR.

so you dont recommend the Diablo Rosso II at all?

Or you do, but they arent even close to the SC1/SC2?

They are just very different compared to the supercorsa, they're still a great tire and we're used in small bike racing for years before the supercorsa was released. I don't mind them on the street where I'm not pushing hard but hate the feedback on the track when pushing- there are many people who loved them though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts