Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently just scratched my tank in the most awkward place ever..

Even if I ordered tank pads, it would not cover where I scratched it! So I have resorted to trying to find some touch up paint for my matte gray r3. Does anyone know the colour code my r3 would be? I tried looking on ColourRite for the R3 but I guess it's too new to even show up, wondering if anyone could help me out!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found out that the 2016 R6 and the R1 use the colour code MNM3 for the metallic matte gray, so is it safe to assume that my R3 does too?

Hopefully someone can confirm this

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Colorrite is the only authorized paint supplier for Yamaha

I would just shoot them an email and see what they have to say.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
You will never make it look new again. Matte paints are a horror show for paint repair because you can't blend the new paint in and hide it under a clear coat.
If the scratch is horrible and you're looking to hide the exposed plastic underneath... have at it.
If you have some scuffs that you want to look new again, just order the tank cover side you need. It will actually cost less than a decent paint repair solution and it will look perfect when you're done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The tank on the R3 just a plastic cover. Why not just replace the whole thing? It can't be too expensive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered some parts from Procaliber.com.. Everything came in good condition an sealed with genuine Yamaha parts packaging.. Good prices

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Would I just order from the dealership?
A few places to get this stuff from but I wouldn't recommend the dealer, only because they'll mark it up a little. Of course, dealer cost vs shipping costs, you may be about the same in price.

One benefit of the dealer is that they'll know the exact part # to order, to ensure you order the correct color. The part lists and model codes are a bit confusing.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2015/YZFR3+-+YZFR3FB/FUEL+TANK/parts.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts