Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi. Has anyone got a bag that fits on the passenger seat? If so what is the make please? I'm looking for one that would fit a laptop. Thank you
Those are called tail bags. Search for them on CycleGear or similar sites. There are also Chinese ones on Amazon like Kemimoto. You gotta measure your laptop dimensions then compare that to the potential bags you're looking at to be sure it fits.

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think he's trying to illustrate that the straps go under the seat and that's how any back pack, bag, attaches and stays in place. I bought one from Amazon for my boyfriend and, of course, came without instructions. He used it like a back pack and disregarded the straps. Then totaled the bike 30 days after getting it. But, it saved his skin when he slid, it's garbage now. I am going on a 400 mile road trip and I found a saddle bag set for like $90, so, I figured I'd check em out and if they don't work out, well back they'll go!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I watched a Utube video and the guy said you can get any accessory from Yamaha but use the 2020 MT-09 motorcycle in your search. The frame and basically everything is exactly the same as the R3. And, the MT-09 has a bracket and cargo container that will fit on the R3. Only thing, it's SPENDY!

·
Registered
352 Posts
There aren't any tail bags that will fit the pillion seat and hold a laptop. I gave this one from Nelson Rigg:

For laptops, there are saddle bags that will work strapped over the seat. I use these, as they are collapsible, and work like a briefcase when needed. Not the prettiest, but very useful:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts