Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself.

The name's Steve and I'm from Hamilton, Ontario Canada. I got my license last year and picked up a 2006 Virago 250. My dad was into Harleys and pushed me that way, plus I got a killer deal on it, but after a season of riding I found myself pushing it a little further than it cared to be pushed (a 250 v twin doesn't like long rides at 90km or deep leans in corners aparently). So i started looking to find a bike a little more capable of those highway rides and something to learn a little more on.

Fast forward to November last year and while picking up parts for an oil change and some maintanance on the Virago I was mentioned this to a salesman and was introduced to the R3. I researched the **** out of it and fell in love and set a goal for myself to buy one for the 2017 season. I hunted, found the deal I wanted, and now I'm the proud owner of a 2015 Blue R3! :D

Can't wait to start riding this year (Canadian January's don't really lend themselves to bikes). Mods to come (parts are on order!) and hope to meet lots of other riders this year!

PS- Anyone looking to buy a lightly loved Virago, I know a guy ;)

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Welcome! We should go riding sometime soon - I'm just down the road in Burlington. If you are looking for a great little shop check out Corsa Motocicleta in Burlington, on Appleby Line. Link is here - http://www.motocicletta.ca/

He has a motorcycle social every other Wednesday during riding season at his store. The local places chip in with deals at Fionn MacCools or Little Caesars Pizza.

He has a really nice store with good quality merchandise and accessories for riders. Just picked up some Motul 7100 for my oil change on the R3 there yesterday!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think the R3 will be a perfect "next bike" from the Virago. I'm amazed at how many people jump from the MSF classes and learning on a 250, to a super sport or bigger bike. Ride the wheels off the new bike and welcome to the forum.

BTW, it sucks for you guys in snow country having to store bikes and miss out on riding.(although, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiles are pretty F'ng cool)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts