Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I checked US owner's manual, comparing vs Australia owner's manual, the US is twice faster on many of the maintenance. what's the reason behind this? weather? build difference?
AU pdf

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you guys looked at both the manuals? here are the screenshots, i took CA manual and assume is same with US

CA: spark plug replace 11k km/7k mile
AU: spark plug replace 20k km/11k mile

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Interesting, Avila. Not quite sure if this pertains, but when I visited the Ducati factory back in 2012 I learned that they make 3 models of the Panigale: 1 for Europe, 1 for North America and (like it's its own li'l world) 1 for California. I know emissions comes into play, and maybe that's the difference regarding different "wear items".

Update: I just checked my Canadian owners manual (I photocopied a pdf several weeks before I got my bike), my OEM North American US owners manual (received with the bike at the point of purchase) and my factory service manual (P/N: LIT-11616-28-57, the same one I sent to you), and they all 3 agree to change the plugs at 7,000 mi/ 11,000 km. Australia loox like 20,000 km/ 12,000 mi.

It must be an emissions thing for the world of California, since they burned a hole in the planet's ozone layer. Best I can figure... [shrug]

'Nother Update: I jus re-read your post, Avila. California manual is consistent with my 3 North America publications. Crikey, maybe ALL of North America is responsible for the hole in the ozone layer! And here I thought it was jus California using too much aerosol hairspray.

Maybe that's why the dealership told you it could be several months/ years before they'd have service manuals. They must have to go through it and edit all the service intervals?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you please share the link to the USA owner manual pdf document for the R3?
I would really appreciate your help with that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
have you guys looked at both the manuals? here are the screenshots, i took CA manual and assume is same with US

CA: spark plug replace 11k km/7k mile
AU: spark plug replace 20k km/11k mile
I can say that the plugs from factory didnt last 20KM for me. I pulled mine today at 13,500km almost zero electrode left. put in some iridiums so I dont have to pull tank etc off ever again :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
US manual says 7000 miles for a service but when I called the dealership they said it was 7600 miles for the R3 service date... whats that about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts