Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I get out of work get on my bike and I put it neutral start her up put my gear on and as soon I try to shift down nothing won't shift I'm like ok rock it and nothing.

So I get off my bike look at my lever and it's bent I'm guessing the high winds or somebody messed with my bike well able to bend it back so I can shift but since I gotta get a new lever any recommendations for a new one or stick to stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
You can gently bend it back. Grab it with a rag and some pliers and have someone hold the bike. If you bend it too far the one sided weld will crack.

You can get a replacement from China for $25 and a stock replacement for $50.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good excuse to get aftermarket rearsets ;)

All kidding aside, if it's not too bad you can just bend it to get it back in place. Otherwise, getting a stock replacement might be the the way to go without replacing everything. Looking at http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2015/YZFR3+-+YZFR3FL/SHIFT+SHAFT/parts.html it looks like you can't get just the lever. Maybe someone with a track bike would be willing to sell theirs :)

Yea I might look into rearsets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd take it off and put it in vise to straighten out so as to NOT to bend it TOO far back and then break it. I'm cheap since you can't just get the shifter arm separately.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I may be wrong, but aren't the stock arms bent slightly inwards like that? I know mine is, no problems no contact with parts etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed this a week ago. Absolutely love it.

www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Aluminum-Adjustable-Shift-Lever-for-Yamaha-YZF-R3-YZF-R25-2014-2015-ONE-SET[/URL]

Sorry about link failure. Go to ebay.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Installed this a week ago. Absolutely love it.

www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Aluminum-Adjustable-Shift-Lever-for-Yamaha-YZF-R3-YZF-R25-2014-2015-ONE-SET[/URL]

Sorry about link failure. Go to ebay.
Be sure to loctite or safety wire everything. Mine fell off at the track. I r covered it and put loctite on it. I missed the shifter peg and it started coming loose. Should be good now.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
any rearsets, clip-ons or levers from E-Bay....make sure you undo all bolts (even if it comes preassembled) and blue or red loctite that $hit....especially trackday riders and racers
Even the name brand stuff is susceptible to this. Alexzx6r was talking about the Driven rearset being notorious for this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts