Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shifting w/o clutch at >4k RPM?! Problem

Hey Riderzzz,

i just came back from a riding session. And it was crazy. I thaught it is not possible to shift without pressing The clutch. But when i was very slow i somehow geared first down and then up all without Pressung The clutch. That was Unbelievable. I just can do that while under 4k RPM. Ahem at higher rpm The gearing thing lever at The feet to press feels hard so i have to press The clutch. Nearly got 1700km. Had my first service at 750km, cause i went yesterday to Bavaria, took me 700km. And i didn't want to go without The first Service.... So. And the other thing is, that now for The 3rd time this little explosions occured, when revving to 5-6k RPM while waiting on The green signal. Never had that before....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thats called clutchless shifting its possible at pretty much any rpm, to shift up just put a bit of preload on the shifter and shut the throttle off then back on quick and you'll be in the next gear and vise versa with downshifting just need to blip the throttle

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats called clutchless shifting its possible at pretty much any rpm, to shift up just put a bit of preload on the shifter and shut the throttle off then back on quick and you'll be in the next gear and vise versa with downshifting just need to blip the throttle
So it's not weird at all?
And what is that "plopp" when i revv. A friend told me it's when The Gas/Air mix doesn't fires up properly. Somehow...
And i got The feeling ii am hearing a wird noice, when i accelerate in higher km/h while in a higher gear then 3... Sounds like a chainsaw... And it stops immediately, when i stop to accelerate. :/

·
Registered
155 Posts
So it's not weird at all?
And what is that "plopp" when i revv. A friend told me it's when The Gas/Air mix doesn't fires up properly. Somehow...
And i got The feeling ii am hearing a wird noice, when i accelerate in higher km/h while in a higher gear then 3... Sounds like a chainsaw... And it stops immediately, when i stop to accelerate. :/
Nope absolutely normal and the little explosions is probably just your exhaust igniting unburnt fuel i dunno the best way to explain it though and that chainsaw sound i have no idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts