Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Shifting with your feet is for novice!

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Dav810 
#1 ·
When you're 6'3" and you're 25 minutes into a 30 minute endurance race and then your legs start going numb...what do you do?

Shift with your hands, of course! This allows me to stretch my legs for 3 seconds a lap, although it sucks for aerodynamics, it allows me to finish the race with feeling left in my legs.

See less See more
#3 ·
Just start dangling your inside leg going into every turn. It makes for some sweet pictures while also stretching your legs a bit...it's a win-win! :D

Reactions: Ruby
#5 ·
God knows what you intend to do with your middle leg when that gets numb... undo the zip and whip it over your shoulder? :D

#7 ·
If you cant deal with 30 minutes on a little bike, you might want to take up tennis or something.... :)

Im 6'4 and have no issues riding a full tank during an endurance race. Thats around an hour and ten to an hour and twenty minutes at a time.

Maybe try adjustable rear-sets or a taller seat, like Jesse sells here: http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/834-...105-taller-supersport-seats-now-ready-r3.html

I have that seat and Woodcraft rear-sets and it seems to do the trick for me. Vortex makes a pretty trick pair now too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.