Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there's quite a lot of riders here is similar to my size(~5'5" 120lbs 29 waist 28 inseam). I have been looking at different pants but not much luck so far
So far I end up having a pair of slip on knee guard on a pair of textile snowboarding pants(with vents) but I know that won't get me very far. What do you guys have for pants for summer/winter time?

I have perforated leather taichi jacket for the summer now that lean me towards getting a full suit for the winter for protection/ride in cold. However the price is setting me off a little bit(lowest is around 1200 on taichi suit, worst scenario i would probably still bite the bullet and hypnotizing myself that I can wear it next 15 years)
What do you guys have?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Assuming you're looking for street gear -

If you're male, Aerostich is the standard for textile, and still as high quality as ever. But, they don't make women's sizes.

I've been wearing Joe Rocket for a while, and it's held up fine, though (touch wood) I haven't crashed in it.

I'm thinking about going to winter weight textile - besides being super heavy, my Hein Gericke leather is poorly armored and doesn't have pockets for better armor. So I'm shopping too, and interested in what others post.

I've been craving Rev'It for years now, but don't have a local dealer. Tried on some Scorpion stuff recently and it seems well built, but there are styling issues I don't much care for - some styles have only a snap to connect the pants and jacket rather than even a short zipper; all of their pants I've seen are inside-the-boot style, which always means that a zipper or snap digs into my leg and gets painful after a few hours, plus it means wearing gaiters when it rains and kind of defeats the purpose of water-resistance. If you try on FirstGear, be aware that they haven't inflated their sizes as other brands have - e.g., in most brands of street-wear jeans I wear a size 2, in FirstGear pants I'm a 10.

Do look for CE armor, CE2 if it's in your budget (that means the garment is certified to keep the armor in place during a crash), and the ability to add hip armor if it doesn't come with the pants.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried the Rev'it with smallest size available on RevZilla, not much luck they are still 2" bigger on waist and 4" longer on inseam.
Good product tho(allow upgrade for hip armor) but pity that I do not fit into their pants

·
Registered
290 Posts
5'6", 117lb, 28 waist, 28 inseam.

I use Uglybros kevlar jeans Slub2k. They are an asian brand, so you know its going to fit like a glove on our size.

I can also theoretically fit Dianese based on the fact that their size 44 jackets fit snug on me.

Reactions: Vince

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5'6", 117lb, 28 waist, 28 inseam.

I use Uglybros kevlar jeans Slub2k. They are an asian brand, so you know its going to fit like a glove on our size.

I can also theoretically fit Dianese based on the fact that their size 44 jackets fit snug on me.
Yea I did look up uglybros too because they got 28 waist. For 350 a pair seem a little pricy that drives me towards leather pants(RS taichi boots out pants are 429, tax free/ship free so it's really about the same, and they have our size on M). But yea it definitely looks better than leather, protection is my priority though(I change after I get off my bike anyway so doesn't really matter)
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1...nd-pants-size-chart-snapshot.jpg?t=1422472901

I actually sent a message to revzilla rep to ask about their Dainese air(pretty much the most popular pants of the time now give almost year round riding). And they said it won't fit for 28" even jacket fits otherwise. They told me Rev'it is a little smaller that I tried it was still too big and had to return it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts