Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
lol of course rossi would want radio communication after the sachsenring!

imo they should keep it out of motogp, it adds to the excitement in a flag to flag race when it all comes down to the riders decision to pit or stay out

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I guess if you had radios, you wouldn't need a PIT BOARD anymore.
A radio would take the decision-making process out of the hands of the racer.
The crew boss would call the shots. Radio's could improve safety. If there is a crash
on the track up ahead, the crew can notify the racer via the radio. I realize they have
caution lights and flaggers, but instant comms on a radio would be better.
I say YES to comms.

·
Registered
810 Posts
No, unless it is restricted to safety reasons only. Then it should be controlled by the organizers and not teams.

Giving radio communication to the teams would take away from the excitement of the riders having to make decisions based on what they feel and see. If they had radios, crews could tell riders what settings they should be using based on the data from the bikes telemetry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally think the relay system works fine.

Pit Crew watching broadcast relays information like laptimes, crash times, positions, etc to the MotoGP rider is good. If you could communicate with your own TEAMMATE though ... that opens the ballgame for some real good stuff blocking and overtakes full go.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it would be a distraction to the rider. Someone talking to you while youre trying to find that little spot on the ground that you use as a braking marker or a turn in spot, seems pretty annoying

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you could communicate with your own TEAMMATE though ... that opens the ballgame for some real good stuff blocking and overtakes full go.
I dont think that would have the outcomes you would expect I think most of the riders that are teammates out there barely even speak to each other in person!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts