Yamaha R3 Forums banner

661 - 680 of 683 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just just did a search on a local site and all the black 2020's seem to have black forks and gloss blank tanks. But if you look at some previous posts in this thread the blacks have gold forks and matt black tanks. Maybe a 2019 vs 2020 thing?

Edit: Actually there are 2020's with gold forks and matt black tanks as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice, first thing you should do is a tail tidy. Do the black 2020's not come with gold forks?
I don’t believe the 2020s come with gold forks. My local dealer Mountain Motorsport ordered this bike directly from Yamaha and didn’t have the option. I like the gold forks look better but black on black will have to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just just did a search on a local site and all the black 2020's seem to have black forks and gloss blank tanks. But if you look at some previous posts in this thread the blacks have gold forks and matt black tanks. Maybe a 2019 vs 2020 thing?

Edit: Actually there are 2020's with gold forks and matt black tanks as well.
Yes the 2019s have the matte black tank and gold forks. That was my original bike I looked at but the only one left on the dealer showroom looked like it was dropped because the muffler was scuffed. So I got a better deal on the 2020 and worth the wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts

At Vandri Lake during One Of The Breakfast Rides

With The Garage Companion, the 200+ HP monster, Just before a Sunday Morning Washing and Cleaning Session

All Set to leave For IBW Goa, December 2019, that lovely long highway ride..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got bored with my R3 and decided to do something a little different.The weight savings from removing a whole bunch of stuff is definitely noticeable. I’m looking for a way to get a custom tank done but for now I’ll likely just replace it with an tank cover like the Storm brand on eBay or the R1 styled covers from AliExpress. Some items I’m pending to get are; full exhaust, power commander, sprockets and chain, rearsets, sliders, cafe style seat, engine covers, levers, spoke wheels. I’m sure there’s other things I’m forgetting.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
That actually looks way better than I thought it would!
I never know how to take a compliment like that. Kind of like. 'Whoa, he doesn't sweat too bad for a fat guy'. ;)
I'm joking with you.. But I agree. A nice set of polished exhaust headers would also go nicely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys- Here's my R3. It's a 2017 ABS with considerable mods. New body work (from IFairings). complete exhaust with M4 meg muffler, R6 throttle tube, fork preload adjusters, Michelin tires, fender eliminator and more. As they say, though, a motorcycle keeps evolving. Next up are braided steel brake lines. And no, there's no rear brake. I'm an amputee (no right foot). I can't bend my lower calf to reach the stock footpeg, and so fabricated that silly footpeg you see in the pics. Since the photos were taken, I've added new heel guards.

Attachments

661 - 680 of 683 Posts