Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie here.. I installed a new slip-on exhaust on my 2017R3 and I realized muffler is kinda wobbling even I tightened the clamp as much as I can.
It appears like it's because my mid pipe don't have a pipe gasket inside (second pic) - leaving more space between header & pipe.
Is that gasket thing something that I must have? Is anything going to break if I ride w/o it? I'm sorry i guess this could be a stupid question for some of you

2.JPG

s-l640.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought the gasket because the exhaust will leak if you don't have it. I'm guessing it distorts the exhaust sound too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I guess technically you don't NEED it.... That being said, I don't understand why you wouldn't want it??? It's supposed to be used for a reason. Manufactures don't toss in extras' to be nice... It cuts into their profits if they do. Get the right gasket for your application, and don't give it a second thought-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking for a gasket myself but with covid halting deliveries, doesn't look like any local shops will be getting anything.

Looks like this might just do the job?
Gasket maker

Alson does anyone know the dimensions of the needed gasket? Seeing a few on Amazon but not sure of the ID or OD.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used the Yamaha gasket, it's not really a perfect fit.
If you already have the aftermarket exhaust, you can take off the stock exhaust and slide on the new exhaust to see how the gasket fits. Then measure it to get exactly what you need.

Looking for a gasket myself but with covid halting deliveries, doesn't look like any local shops will be getting anything.

Looks like this might just do the job?
Gasket maker

Alson does anyone know the dimensions of the needed gasket? Seeing a few on Amazon but not sure of the ID or OD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts