Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Yamaha R3 2020 Monster Energy Edition
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I kinda wanted to start putting some mods on my R3, I was interested in getting the tst flush mount turn signals. I was hesitating between the clear one and the smoked one. I feel like the smoked one would fit better with my 2020 Monster Energy Edition but I kinda worried about safety. I know Flush mount already not really visible but I wanted to know for those of you who got the smoked one, how was your experience with it, specialy during the day?

(English is not my first language, so sorry :censored: )

· Registered
2018 R3, 1996 GSXR 750
97 Posts
I had smoked TST flush mounts on my 2018 R3 (sold the bike last year). The flush mounts, either clear or smoked, are not that visible from the front. The TST lights are bright enough, but on the R3, the turn signals are not positioned far enough to the front to accommodate flush mounts. The result is that when flashing left, the lights are visible to someone standing left of the bike, not so visible to someone directly in front of the bike, and not visible at all to someone standing only a few degrees right of the bike (hopefully that makes sense). That's the reason the flush mounts are illegal in most jurisdictions.

Visibility at night is better, because the lights are fairly bright. But during the day, visibility from the front is very poor. So given the inherent poor visibility of the flush mounts, smokes lens will make that even worse.

The TST flush mounts looks really good, and TST makes a good product. But if you are worried about safety, I would not install flush mount turn signals on an R3.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts