Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys today marks the day that I will be leaving a great community. I sold my 2015 R3, well about to sell still have the bike but people coming to see it( anyone near the 07456 in NJ wants a 2015 r3 with 10.1k miles, warranty until 2020 for 2800 lemme know) . Picked up a 2011 GSXR-750, road it for a 50-70 miles and now can never go back to a 300 lol. I learned alot on my R3 and will never forget it, had some great times with it. The thrill and exhilarating performance of this new bike is just insane. I wont say how fast ive done with it so far but **** does it get up there quick....Anyway best of luck to the rest of the new and old R3 owners, i was one of the first few with this bike and will never regret getting it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
It takes a few years but most people have fond memories of their first bike (even if it was a POS). I definitely wouldn't consider your bike sold until you gave the cash in your hand
I'm sure the 750 won't be the last bike you own

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just cause you bought a new bike doesn't mean youre not invaluable to the r3 forums. Your experience is crucial to both new and experienced rider. Would be great help in the forums including those who are also in the process of moving to a 600cc+ class. Congrats in the gsxr 750, I'm also looking into buying this bike. As for me I love my r3 too much to not ride it anymore. I will def upgrade, but I'll also keep my r3 for those days when I just wanna cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just cause you bought a new bike doesn't mean youre not invaluable to the r3 forums. Your experience is crucial to both new and experienced rider. Would be great help in the forums including those who are also in the process of moving to a 600cc+ class. Congrats in the gsxr 750, I'm also looking into buying this bike. As for me I love my r3 too much to not ride it anymore. I will def upgrade, but I'll also keep my r3 for those days when I just wanna cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
This 100%

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. You say you won't want to go back, until you hit the racetrack. An R3 is just so much fun on a track it's not even funny.

@ theseguns: I probably would rather cruise on the 750 than the R3 and take the R3 to the track or canyons where it would shine, but that's just me.
@VULGR: so true. My first was a beat up 1999 EX500 but I have more positive to say than negative about that bike. Oddly, I never dropped that bike, unlike almost everything else I have owned afterwards lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the new bike. You say you won't want to go back, until you hit the racetrack. An R3 is just so much fun on a track it's not even funny.

@ theseguns: I probably would rather cruise on the 750 than the R3 and take the R3 to the track or canyons where it would shine, but that's just me.
@VULGR: so true. My first was a beat up 1999 EX500 but I have more positive to say than negative about that bike. Oddly, I never dropped that bike, unlike almost everything else I have owned afterwards lol.
Thanks kojiiro and everyone else. The new bike is a real testament, it tests me every time I get on it lol. But I'm trying to learn it slowly, don't do nothing stupid and the bike is defiantly a lot better to cruise on. I coast at 65-70 no problemo. The r3 was great to thrash on, but I do a decent amount of highway driving and honestly love driving on the highway so I really needed something bigger. I don't think there is anything wrong with the r3 but mentally I needed a real super sport call it a bucket list and I couldn't afford a 1000cc with the insurance and I got a great deal on this 750 with 1/4 of the insurance cost of a liter bike so it was a win win. However my current insurance quadruples what i was paying for the r3 :) and lastly if I did go back to an r3, I would probably have to install clipons and turbo it :) jk...but seriously that would be cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thanks kojiiro and everyone else. The new bike is a real testament, it tests me every time I get on it lol. But I'm trying to learn it slowly, don't do nothing stupid and the bike is defiantly a lot better to cruise on. I coast at 65-70 no problemo. The r3 was great to thrash on, but I do a decent amount of highway driving and honestly love driving on the highway so I really needed something bigger. I don't think there is anything wrong with the r3 but mentally I needed a real super sport call it a bucket list and I couldn't afford a 1000cc with the insurance and I got a great deal on this 750 with 1/4 of the insurance cost of a liter bike so it was a win win. However my current insurance quadruples what i was paying for the r3 :) and lastly if I did go back to an r3, I would probably have to install clipons and turbo it :) jk...but seriously that would be cool

Did someone say bucketlist? Sounds like the average life of most motorcyclist. Here's a few more to add to it:

Track day.
Track day.
Track day track day track day.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Picked up a 2011 GSXR-750, road it for a 50-70 miles and now can never go back to a 300 lol.
:laugh:
Life-changing experience, huh. Just imagine how ridiculous a literbike would be.
I got my R3 after I had my CBR1000RR for awhile. I just wanted a smaller bike to cruise around town with.
It's a different mindset. All sportbikes are fun in their own way. Too bad you don't keep your R3.
You might miss it after awhile. Being hunched-over the flying land-rocket gets old quick when you are stuck in city traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I have never owned anything else other than the R3 but I can say that after having it for a year and then going back to try other bikes, you notice a lot of little things. The seat height / comfort, weight of a bike, seating position on the bigger bikes etc.

It all reminds me of how good the R3 really is as a starter bike. I was at my local dealer and was admiring the CBR500 and the sales guy actually said the 500 wasn't enough of a leap up from the R3

·
Registered
346 Posts
I know exactly what this guy was talking about, I recently test rode a GSXR-600 and I was floored. The handling, just wow it really didn't feel much heavier than my R3, but holy crap the R3 is 1000x as comfortable. I've now confirmed I'll probably keep my R3 but get a super sport down the line. But OP - I know exactly what you mean it was sure addicting to feel a true super sport underneath, it just sticks.

The handling made me envy it so much I ordered S20's the next day... lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:laugh:
Life-changing experience, huh. Just imagine how ridiculous a literbike would be.
I got my R3 after I had my CBR1000RR for awhile. I just wanted a smaller bike to cruise around town with.
It's a different mindset. All sportbikes are fun in their own way. Too bad you don't keep your R3.
You might miss it after awhile. Being hunched-over the flying land-rocket gets old quick when you are stuck in city traffic.

Financially I couldn't keep the both bikes. So that was the real reason for me selling and I also still don't have my own place yet so my dad sorta gave me an ultimatum lmao. "When your living with me, 1 bike only, if you have your own place you can fill it up with bikes". I know what your saying with the racing position will get old in traffic but at this stage in my life I don't want any other type. When I get older I'll settle for a less, but right now this bike nails it on the head for me. I love the super race mode, makes me feel like I'm one of the motogp racers wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I know what your saying with the racing position will get old in traffic but at this stage in my life I don't want any other type. When I get older I'll settle for a less, but right now this bike nails it on the head for me. I love the super race mode, makes me feel like I'm one of the motogp racers wouldn't trade it for anything right now.
I am older. But if I had to choose only one bike to keep, it would definitely be the CBR1000RR. I would sell the R3 in a heartbeat.
The Fireblade is a keeper. As much as I like the comfort of the R3, I need that rush of insane power to fully satisfy me. 0:)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I was at my local dealer and was admiring the CBR500 and the sales guy actually said the 500 wasn't enough of a leap up from the R3
Truth.
To be more accurate, the CBR500 isn't a "step up" at all. More like a step sideways.
CBR500 is a great starter bike, if you want a slightly bigger package. ( CB500f if you prefer the "naked" style. )
It's not an upgrade from an R3.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll be the same. When I trade up, I'll either get the Daytona 675 or if money holds me back, the R6. Wish you well with envy on your new travels.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll be the same. When I trade up, I'll either get the Daytona 675 or if money holds me back, the R6. Wish you well with envy on your new travels.

Thanks man, btw I was looking at the Daytona 675 specifically the older undertail setups from 09-11. The reason I didn't get that bike is because it is very narrow and small in size, felt very similar to my R3. It's also an triple engine so it has a very unique whispy sound when I really wanted the racey inline 4 sound. And lastly there is no triumph dealers nearby for service. I'd have to drive at least 30 miles. But the size and sound deterred me from the bike.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thanks man, btw I was looking at the Daytona 675 specifically the older undertail setups from 09-11. The reason I didn't get that bike is because it is very narrow and small in size, felt very similar to my R3. It's also an triple engine so it has a very unique whispy sound when I really wanted the racey inline 4 sound. And lastly there is no triumph dealers nearby for service. I'd have to drive at least 30 miles. But the size and sound deterred me from the bike.

As of now I would probably take a triple over an I4. I've never actually owned a triple but have owned an I4 so it would be a cool new experience. I do agree that without a nearby dealer it may change my mind, but 30 miles? That's nothing man. I like a narrow bike, but to each their own. i also think the triples sound is pretty cool and unique, but I can appreciate the different engine sounds and again, to each their own. My old ZX6R sounded partially retarded at idle. Vooot-voo-voo-voot-voot-voot-voot.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
When I trade up, I'll either get the Daytona 675...
The Daytona 675 is a HUGE step UP from the R3. ( Except in the area of rider comfort! ) ;)

I wouldn't pull the trigger on a 675 right now. I would wait and see if Triumph will be putting the new
765 engine in the Daytona chassis. Suzuki makes the Gixxer-750, so a Daytona-765 would be
direct competition. It makes sense, and people will buy them. Everyone expects Triumph to do it.
The only question is.... when.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Grats on the new bike and stay safe. Don't be a stranger.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts