Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time off today and decided to wrap a piece of my bike and figured i'd post some of the small things i've done (i haven't done much with the bike yet really need more money)

But what i have done so far is R&G Tail tidy, Wrapped tank center (inspired by an image i saw from @Genesis92 ) and rear piece between seats also installed some oxford heated grips as the uk gets cold and the mothracing frame sliders i got awhile back

I however have tons of things i plan to do still such as lighting (indicators, headlights etc)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Had some time off today and decided to wrap a piece of my bike and figured i'd post some of the small things i've done (i haven't done much with the bike yet really need more money)

But what i have done so far is R&G Tail tidy, Wrapped tank center (inspired by an image i saw from @Genesis92 ) and rear piece between seats also installed some oxford heated grips as the uk gets cold and the mothracing frame sliders i got awhile back

I however have tons of things i plan to do still such as lighting (indicators, headlights etc)
Looks Great! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do to it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Digging the center tank panel. Surprised no one makes a real carbon fiber one yet.

It's a good thing my girl doesn't like carbon fiber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That looks pretty cool,been thinking of doing something similar but only on the panel between seats.I'm the guy you met at bike meet with the Evotech R&D R3.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks pretty cool,been thinking of doing something similar but only on the panel between seats.I'm the guy you met at bike meet with the Evotech R&D R3.
Aha small world nice to see you on here :) , Haven't been able to go to bassetts pole for like 3 weeks in a row now because of work, might be going this tuesday if weathers not too bad, heard there was another blue R3 there like 2/3 weeks ago

·
Registered
47 Posts
with the fender eliminator, does the gunk and dirt the wheel kicks up get splatted onto the back of the license plate?

·
Registered
2 Posts

hi there, where did you get your frame sliders?!?!
Françoise (Québec city)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did you that with The carbon please? Tutorial!!!! :3
A short tutorial would just be take the tank plastic off and separate the center strip (it's just 6 screws), buy some carbon vinyl wrap and a hair dryer / heat gun if you don't own one and have a ton of patience and preferably a patient second set of hands so you can heat the vinyl and lay it and smooth it out without wrinkles (it took me 2 attempts total).

Also most importantly work from the center (fuel cap hole) outwards lol, there is my vague tutorial also there will be bubbles thats unavoidable unless you buy really good quality vinyl which will make you life a whole lot easier

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How about wrapping the heel guards with the carbon fiber vinyl?
I was actually going to do the heel guards with the left over vinyl i have just haven't got round to it and i'm also considering just getting the rear sets powder coated or buying some black ones on ebay

1 - 20 of 27 Posts