Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I was just wondering,
So I think the bike I am mostly going to get is the R3. But the thing is I'm not to sure if the height is good for me. I'm 5,8. Also I only got to sit on one only once so I kinda forgot how it feels. But I do remember my feet were full flat on the ground.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You will be fine. The seat height is fairly low compared to other bikes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm 5'7 and a half with 28" inseam, no problemo go for it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm 5'7" with 27" inseam and can flat foot the R3 with rear shock preload set at 4. I'm 170lbs with gear and backpack.

But how often will your feet be on the ground anyway? I rode a tall Ducati Hypermotard 1100. Was only able to flat foot one foot at stops. Kept my left foot on the peg. You shouldn't be used to launching with both feet (or even 1 foot) off the pegs. That's a good way to mess up and crash.

But go get that R3. It's a great beginner and intermediate bike for the road. The power delivery is smooth which should be your main concern. Not seat height.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Like everyone else said, the bike sits pretty low. You'll be fine. And if you are unsure, you can always just go sit on the one you intend to buy. :) The R3 is a super comfortable bike. You'll love it. And if you don't, well there just isn't any pleasing you! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts