Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one to intro myself. My name is Martin and I am about to purchase an R3 as my first bike. I am 39 and have been putting alot of time into researching every detail of the 3 main 300's. I was originally considering both Ninja and CBR but have made the decision to get the R3. I am just split on the colour choice now. I am drawn to both the blue and grey bikes just don't know which will end up in my garage. But as well we all know, the bike is only a small piece of the puzzle and I will be putting some more time into looking at the gear side as well.

I am a commuter rider with the occasional weekend canyon run around the North Side of Brisbane and Sunshine Coast.
All advice will be taken and until I know what I am talking about not much will be given.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome mate! Spend as much time looking into the gear as you do the bike. Too many always rush and overlook it once the bikes in the picture.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I struggled on color as well but I do like my gray

A little tidbit of info... you can switch all colored plastics (with decals) for under $400, so there's nothing really holding someone back from having more than one color R3.
Only takes an hour or two to switch back and forth :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
As mentioned, look into gear, get he best you can afford, and actually wear it. The best gear in the world will do you no good if it's just in your closet. Look into rider training if you have never ridden a bike. Watching/ reading twist of the wrist is a good way to learn more when you aren't getting coaching from an actual ride coach.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It's kinda easy to pick a bike. It's very hard to find riding GEAR that you like, and that also FITS you properly.
I wish buying "riding gear" was as easy as buying a new motorcycle. If you live in the middle of nowhere,
you don't get the opportunity to try gear on before you buy it. So you have to shop on the internet and HOPE
it fits when you order it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I struggled on color as well but I do like my gray

A little tidbit of info... you can switch all colored plastics (with decals) for under $400, so there's nothing really holding someone back from having more than one color R3.
Only takes an hour or two to switch back and forth :)

Do you have a site for the plastics w/ decals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Do you have a site for the plastics w/ decals
ProCaliber.com or Partzilla.com... both have parts lists with prices and others who have ordered from them say that the fairings came with the decals already in place.
Note: The tank covers do not include the Yamaha coin emblem thingy... that piece is separate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, How are you liking the R3 after a few months of riding? I own a MT03 and am from the northside of brisbane... If you are on facebook, we have setup a group for SEQ R3/MT03 riders, if you are interested don't hesitate to join. The group is called "SEQ Yamaha R3/MT03 Riders Group"

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the forum :)

Please check out my signature for some helpful links.

Welcome mate! Spend as much time looking into the gear as you do the bike. Too many always rush and overlook it once the bikes in the picture.
I second this!

Prepare for the slide, not the ride!

Don't EVER think you are better than the bike and become overconfident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts