Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Considering it. It's getting a bit ridiculous. But, too much of a noob and not sure where to go.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I hope it gets fixed. This forum has the potential to be a great site, very informative. Hate to see it ruined by spammers.

·
Administrator
327 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for all the mess, I've notified techs and they're patching it up. I've also went in and manually deleted the spam. The techs have also turned on Stop Forum Spam and confirmed Solve Media is active.
So the amount of spam that's on the forum will be reduced greatly. Please let me know if it doesn't work, we'll fix it again.

Thank you all for your patience.

Lee

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thanx, Lee. I appreciate this forum, and I know keeping it running smoothly isn't always easy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks Lee...the R3-Forum is an invaluable resource for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Much as I love this forum, I'm starting to hate it with all the annoying spam posts. I'll still check once in a while, but definitely not as frequently as I did before.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Much as I love this forum, I'm starting to hate it with all the annoying spam posts. I'll still check once in a while, but definitely not as frequently as I did before.
Agreed
As someone new to motorcycles in general and this being a new bike, this was one of the only places to get good info. If it doesn't change I'm sure I will have to find somewhere new.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We are Gen-1 Yamaha YZF-R3 owners, all of us with 4-digit VIN-enders. I'm in the same lane a Mouse 1371, this forum is my support network and I login at work, at home and on the go. I trust the admin team to figure it out…

Please figure it out guys…Thanks!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bumping to keep this thread on top.

This forum has been valuable to be as a new rider and a soon to be owner of a r3. Two more weeks! Hoping this forum gets cleaned up and we can look back on the spam and laugh

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for all the mess, I've notified techs and they're patching it up. I've also went in and manually deleted the spam. The techs have also turned on Stop Forum Spam and confirmed Solve Media is active.
So the amount of spam that's on the forum will be reduced greatly. Please let me know if it doesn't work, we'll fix it again.

Thank you all for your patience.

Lee
Ummmm It's not working.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Today's despamification complete -

These guys usually hit the forum in the wee hours when some of us actually sleep, so IMMEDIATE response by (uncompensated) mods is generally not going to happen. Please exercise some patience and maturity in this regard. As soon as we log on we are aware of the spam, so flame posts are not necessary or particularly beneficial in addressing the issue.

One guy has something like 75 spam posts, so yeah - I get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts

These guys usually hit the forum in the wee hours when some of us actually sleep, so IMMEDIATE response by (uncompensated) mods is generally not going to happen. Please exercise some patience and maturity in this regard. As soon as we log on we are aware of the spam, so flame posts are not necessary or particularly beneficial in addressing the issue.

Thanks for removing the Spam but the fact remains that these forums have software to combat spam and either are not being used or are not set up correctly. I am a member of several other MC forums and they do not have the issue that we have here.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Much appreciated Stirz!

They overwhelm with a Spam Storm, you hit 'em with a Spam Tsunami Wipeout!

·
Registered
234 Posts
The spammers will eventually move on after they see no reults from their attack; my former business e-mail inbox would get waves of spam from the same spammers for several days to weeks. Then, like a Summer storm, they would go away...but, yes, I have taken a few breaks from the forum due to the spam issue.

·
Administrator
327 Posts
On behalf of R3-Forums.com, we apologize for the mass amount of spam that caused inconveniences to all of you and the R3 community. We recognize the concern as we are noticing the spam users are mass posting around the early hours. Thankfully, we do have @Stirz our site moderator that acted quickly to this issue. Also, I would like to thank those who PM'd me directly regarding this problem. Once again sorry for the inconvenience.

R3-Forums.com Admin
-Joe

1 - 20 of 45 Posts