Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@YamahaR3Admin: Another spam attack. Just wanted to let you guys know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Seems all the spam came from one user, and with them banned the spam is gone. For now, let us know if another attack comes.

Kevin

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kevin. Yeah, will keep the admins posted.

Aayush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
God i hated fighting spammers when i ran my own forums years ago. Finally had to settle on some pain in the ass CAPTCHA to get things back in line.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Hey there guys,

On the bottom left had side of all posts, you will see A triangle icon with an exclamation mark in the center of it.
You can report posts by clicking on the icon.

If you would like us to deal with the spammers, you can send em our way.

Richard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm a unix system administrator and have administrated many forms. I can guarantee you that there are automated plugins to deal with this type of abuse so that the admins aren't constantly manually fighting this battle.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These spams are going out of control! Feel bad for you admins and moderators. As @skids said, it would be nice to have an automated plugin which could take care of this.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
@YamahaR3Admin Two new spammers. Also, I have the same question as @SeventyTwoMoto .
It's in the FAQ and then click on "Dealing with Troublesome Users" or at the bottom located here -> http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_troublesome_users

Dealing with Troublesome Users

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:
Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?
You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I grew up on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I want to go to Castle Anthrax! :D
( For a little peril! )

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
They are persistent buggers...
Still nothing like a year ago - the "record" is about 240 posts over a 4 hout period.
Quite a few read the baba voodoo black magic love potion posts - not naming names, but some of you really should find a girlfriend - just sayin...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts