Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know YZF-R25 and YZF-R3 will both be coming to market. We also know that R25 will be for smaller, emerging markets and R3 will serve developed markets.

I am wondering if R25 will be produced locally in India for instance to avoid import tariffs. R3 should be manufactured in Japan to serve the rest of the markets...

http://www.motoroids.com/news/auto-expo-2014-live-yamaha-r25-concept-showcased-images-details/

here are very good chances that Yamaha will locally produce the R25 in India to keep the production costs low and selling price ultra competitive.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Seems like the R3 will be a hit in india, so ideally it should be build their or in some nation close by.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Lots of makers are moving production to India in order to avoid tariffs when selling in the Indian market. I guess that is working out pretty well for the Indian economy. I would think that the r25 would be made in India but not the r3. With where the r3 will be sold I think it doesn't make sense to build it in India. They will have to ship them to Europe and NA which is not close to India. Not that japan is that much closer though...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Probably everything gonna come out of India

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeah, most R6 and R1 are made in Japan probably some part from India. The engine 600cc+ are made in Japan. While 150cc and below are usually made in India. Hopefully, the R3 is made in Japan.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
id say R25 in india and R3 in Japan. Especially if R3 is intended for developed market.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Just make the north american one made in japan please!
amen to that.
people in north america already really appreciate having japan made products, good way to boost sales up a bit and brand reputation with the NA market

·
Registered
665 Posts
too expensive for sure.
i really wouldn`t mind production being sent off to Thailand, ideally Japan is where it should be

1 - 15 of 15 Posts