Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found the handle bar is more suited for riding with body mid to up position. when i squat my elbow is a little pain after a while.

oversight by yamaha?

·
Registered
856 Posts
They have to make Lams bikes learner friendly,
thus the very high bars.

Lower clip-ons/ or mount under/ upside down.

·
Registered
124 Posts
For me anyway, the shape of the saddle locks me in an upright, centered riding position. I could cruise on it all day, but get into the twisties, and I'm fighting it a little just to be able to steer it. Some Armor-All on the seat will probably help, but I think a more performance-oriented, flatter seat would help too. I think I'd start with getting my body where it wants to be for performance riding, then set up the controls accordingly, rather than the other way around.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They have to make Lams bikes learner friendly,
thus the very high bars.

Lower clip-ons/ or mount under/ upside down.
They didn't have to make it "learner friendly" the R125 is not a upright "learner friendly" bike at all because it was never made to be released in the usa where they have it way to easy getting on a bike in regards to tests and such

·
Registered
460 Posts
The ergos of the R3 use higher handle bars than a super sport bike to make it more comfortable and practical for everyday street use.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just did 100 km/h today and i found that after sitting at the furthest my elbow no longer feel pain, now my back sometimes felt tired after squatting.

also R3's seat is pretty short compared to my old zx6r

·
Registered
460 Posts
A tripod position with your elbows resting on your knees is a very comfortable way to get your chest out of the wind. This anchors your torso to the bike for the best self correcting perormance in cross winds and takes some weight off of your hands and seat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They didn't have to make it "learner friendly" the R125 is not a upright "learner friendly" bike at all because it was never made to be released in the usa where they have it way to easy getting on a bike in regards to tests and such
You mean taking a two day boot camp at MSF course isn't enough to ride liter bikes? Pfft :D:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts