Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, I just bought a brand new R3 about 4 months ago now and started learning on it and i dropped it once on the shifter after stalling on a small hill on start, since then ive heard squeaking on hard brakes on the highway and felt vibrations of it on the rear brake pedal when the front suspension compresses and wanted to know if this was anything serious. I hear it more on the front side near the rear brake too. I only ever hear it when the front forks compress and my rear brake. I've put it neutral moving it up and down and hard braking with the rear brake and thats what seems to be causing the squeak. just hopping its nothing too interior. Anyone have any thoughts and what it could be like a disc brake or pad issue, thanks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
When the ABS kicks in on the rear brake you can feel it pulse/vibrate which is completely normal.

Squeaking could be contamination (oil) on the brake pads or discs. Maybe spray the calipers and discs with brake cleaner and see if the squeaking goes away albeit temporarily?

If it was a simple drop the side whilst you were stopped there's really not much that should break other than levers bending, oil leaks, and scratches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts