Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I thought it fit here best.

Since a few days I hear a squeaky noise from the rear wheel. I only hear it when riding the bike, in gear, and turning (for example in a roundabout, I hear it when I'm steering). I don't hear it as good when I'm just swerving in lane though.

I thought it could be just wet tires on the street, because I heard the noise more frequently after I washed my bike today. On the other hand, I haven't had this problem in the past when the bike wasn't dry...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I thought it fit here best.

Since a few days I hear a squeaky noise from the rear wheel. I only hear it when riding the bike, in gear, and turning (for example in a roundabout, I hear it when I'm steering). I don't hear it as good when I'm just swerving in lane though.

I thought it could be just wet tires on the street, because I heard the noise more frequently after I washed my bike today. On the other hand, I haven't had this problem in the past when the bike wasn't dry...

Any ideas?
Are you keeping your chain well lubed?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have you had the wheel off for any reason? Check the torque on the axle nut. Same as rayna, do you keep the chain lubed and with good tension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is your rear wheel aligned properly or something got bent toward the wheel that makes noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts