Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo this may be a dumb question, but doesn't anyone else have a squeaky seat on their R3? Basically my seat is rubbing against the tank when I sit or shift my weight on the bike. Pretty annoying.. I've take. The seat off and put I back on to no avail. Still the same problem. I know it's better but just curious is I can stop the rubbing sound.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have 3 bikes, 2 different companies. All 3 are like that. So long as the seats press up against plastic pieces, that's going to happen.

Guessing heavier bikes with more metal, seats resting on metal etc won't have that problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
I just brought mine home today - zero miles on it, and the seat made absolutely no noise

I just installed the Vagabone FE which requires the seat to be removed. Install went smooth but upon re installation of the seat, the front edge now squeaks against the tank.
I took it back off, cleaned up all touching surfaces with 303 Aerospace Protectant and it seems to be fine now.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Try a bit of silicon spray if you've got some.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to lube it up somehow. Sorry for the poor grammar in my first post! Haha my iPhone likes to auto correct somethings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts