Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Looking to see if anyone might know what's going on here.

I did some maintaince on the R3. I cleaned and adjusted the chain. And just overall gave the bike a wipe down.

I went to start at the end and bike does not start. All electric seem good as bike turns on goes through post but when I press the switch the bike doesn't start. I cranks as if it'll start but then just makes a really loud buzzing sound which sounds like it's coming from the battery area.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds like a low battery to me.

You can try jumping it with your car turned off or bump starting it if you know how to do it. Both of those should get the bike turned over and running.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am now getting Er_1

bike doesn't even crank now?

From what I'm reading Er_1 means no signal from the ignition.

Any ideas where i would begin or do I need this resolved by a dealer?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RESOLVED!!!

Took the battery out last night and hooked it up to a battery tender overnight. Installed battery this morning and bike started right up!!

Thanks for all input and suggestions!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cool. Glad you figured it out. Now you have to figure out why your battery got drained. Is because you left the bike alone for a while? You have after market headlight bulbs which take too much power so battery can't charge, or other electronics? Or you can have a bad rectifier that can't charge your battery. Or your alternator?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. Glad you figured it out. Now you have to figure out why your battery got drained. Is because you left the bike alone for a while? You have after market headlight bulbs which take too much power so battery can't charge, or other electronics? Or you can have a bad rectifier that can't charge your battery. Or your alternator?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I'm guessing what happened was I remembered turning the bike on before working on it and I think I may have left the key in the bike with lights on. Secondly, im under the impression that the dealer didn't charge the battery during winter storage (only charged it when I called to get it).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts