Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard from my dealer this morning. Apparently Yamaha is still not confirming any orders for any sportbikes as they are still processing ‘22 orders. this is true for kawasaki and honda as well.

looks like i’m gonna be waiting a bit longer than planned. 😭😭😭

· Super Moderator
525 Posts
I'm thankfully NOT in the market for a new bike. I have three Yamaha's in the stable at the moment. I keep hearing horror-stories like the above post. I sincerely hope that Yamaha gets their :poop: figured out, before they lose even more market share than they already have..... I "get it", the world had a pandemic, and there are supply chain issues. That was almost a year ago, and a major corporation like Yamaha is still struggling to meet buyers needs??? REALLY??????

· Super Moderator
1,380 Posts
I'm thankfully NOT in the market for a new bike. I have three Yamaha's in the stable at the moment. I keep hearing horror-stories like the above post. I sincerely hope that Yamaha gets their :poop: figured out, before they lose even more market share than they already have..... I "get it", the world had a pandemic, and there are supply chain issues. That was almost a year ago, and a major corporation like Yamaha is still struggling to meet buyers needs??? REALLY??????
It's not just Yamaha. My local dealer has Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki in one building, with another Honda dealership near-by. The sales floors are spars with used motorcycles (mostly H-Ds purchased for resale) and very little else. It seems the 2023 motocross and trail bikes are coming in, but they're still waiting for some 2022 models of street bikes. What a cluster of worms.
Like you said. I'm glad I'm not in the market for a new bike right now.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not just Yamaha. My local dealer has Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki in one building, with another Honda dealership near-by. The sales floors are spars with used motorcycles (mostly H-Ds purchased for resale) and very little else. It seems the 2023 motocross and trail bikes are coming in, but they're still waiting for some 2022 models of street bikes. What a cluster of worms.
Like you said. I'm glad I'm not in the market for a new bike right now.
ninja 400s are showing up regularly now with my dealer, so there’s a potential that i’ll end up on a ninja. if yamaha won’t even confirm the damned order but there’s a n400 in front of me…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

· Super Moderator
1,380 Posts
ninja 400s are showing up regularly now with my dealer, so there’s a potential that i’ll end up on a ninja. if yamaha won’t even confirm the damned order but there’s a n400 in front of me…. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I couldn't blame you. Kawi makes a nice bike and the Ninja 400, along with its naked sister Z400 have sold well.

· Registered
9 Posts
A lots of parts come from China and China is still under lock down. My last replacement of the 2015 bearing is also very frustrated as it took weeks. The dealer explained to me that the R3 rear bearing is made in Japan but it passes through China. Now I just replace and do maintenance all the things if possible as I dont want my bike to stuck at the dealer.
Also, the real horror story is for Chinese people, as they have been like that for 3 years now, for the upcoming New Year holiday they will also stay at home.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE:

My ‘22 blue will arrive in the next 3-4 weeks. dealer wanted an ABSURD amount of money to install my TST stuff (tail tidy, plate mount/light, side markers, integrated tail) and my GPS mount… so i’m gonna do that stuff myself and let them install the frame sliders.

i’ll go back for braided steel brake lines and the seat cowl once i put more money in the bank.

i’m so, SO happy to finally be getting ready to ride. i don’t even care that it’ll be deadass winter 🤣🤌🏼✅🥳

1 - 14 of 14 Posts