Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock mirrors are not very good in my experience. What have you done with regards to them? I have bar end mirrors but I don't like to have to look so far down to see out of them. Any hacks to improve the stock ones?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a difference! It is like I just put mirrors on the bike, doesn't look as tucked in, but works way better. Try it!
That's good to know. Would you say that you can now see what's behind you better? Do you still have to do the chicken wings thing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's good to know. Would you say that you can now see what's behind you better? Do you still have to do the chicken wings thing?
No more chicken wings! It's what Yamaha would have done if they weren't so concerned with styling. These are really good mirrors, now they work.
Excellent, I will order mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm from Russia I really like your forum, we have very few R3's why forums are almost there... but not about that. I decided to make a report on the work done, ordered from aliexpress spacers for mirrors and this is what happened (see photo). I am very happy with the result! Removed spherical mirrors, as the review was enough without them. The main reason for installing spherical mirrors was that there was no rear view... I apologize for my English)

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
For those who don't have R3 but considering this bike and reading this thread might have an impression that mirrors are bad. I've had my R3 since 2016 and the stock mirrors are perfectly fine with me. If you are moving faster than traffic then you don't need to look back but if you ever do, tucking the elbow is not a big deal. The stock mirrors make the bike compact so it can squeeze in tightest places other bikes can't and extending the stock mirrors defeats this ability.

Have you ever found yourself in a situation that you couldn't filter without folding the mirrors? If so then by extending the stock ones will make those situations more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those who don't have R3 but considering this bike and reading this thread might have an impression that mirrors are bad. I've had my R3 since 2016 and the stock mirrors are perfectly fine with me. If you are moving faster than traffic then you don't need to look back but if you ever do, tucking the elbow is not a big deal. The stock mirrors make the bike compact so it can squeeze in tightest places other bikes can't and extending the stock mirrors defeats this ability.

Have you ever found yourself in a situation that you couldn't filter without folding the mirrors? If so then by extending the stock ones will make those situations more.
I do not agree. If you drive faster than the stream, then mirrors are not needed at all, and if you go between cars in a traffic jam, they fold and unfold very easily ... I made spacers after I rolled on my brother's Honda VFR and was struck by the view in the mirrors .

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I have perfected the chicken wing, I can live that.
Coaster, I agree with your way of thinking. Us experienced (older) guys have been around long enough to not expect much. We've become "Settlers", we settle for anything that comes along, for as long as we can.;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts