Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Coaster, I agree with your way of thinking. Us experienced (older) guys have been around long enough to not expect much. We've become "Settlers", we settle for anything that comes along, for as long as we can.;)
Sorry, can I write the text in simple words? My translator can't translate)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm sorry, my translator doesn't understand what “chicken wing”means. If it's not difficult you can go into more detail
Lift your arm up with hand on grips to see behind you with the stock mirrors. Looks like a chicken wing. It's what I do as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
For those who don't have R3 but considering this bike and reading this thread might have an impression that mirrors are bad. I've had my R3 since 2016 and the stock mirrors are perfectly fine with me. If you are moving faster than traffic then you don't need to look back but if you ever do, tucking the elbow is not a big deal. The stock mirrors make the bike compact so it can squeeze in tightest places other bikes can't and extending the stock mirrors defeats this ability.

Have you ever found yourself in a situation that you couldn't filter without folding the mirrors? If so then by extending the stock ones will make those situations more.
Eh. You might be going faster than traffic, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone even faster is coming up behind you. Might be nice to know about.

2nd...well, you might have a point there, I wouldn't know. Filtering ain't legal here. :cautious:

Otherwise, yeah, I just tuck my elbow in and take a quick glance that way. No biggie at this point.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I do not agree. If you drive faster than the stream, then mirrors are not needed at all, and if you go between cars in a traffic jam, they fold and unfold very easily ... I made spacers after I rolled on my brother's Honda VFR and was struck by the view in the mirrors .
Nikhil, can you clarify what you mean here by rolling on your brother's Honda VFR?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nikhil, can you clarify what you mean here by rolling on your brother's Honda VFR?
Ride on a Honda and really liked the review, in this regard, set spacers. mirrors on VFR are mounted at a greater distance from each other than ours on R3

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bluebird, it's because of how the 2019 R3's mirrors are attached to the bike. Adding extensions will make the mirrors more vertical (diagonal) rather than horizontally sideways like the previous gen.

2019-2020: https://www.mrashop.de/media/image/a6/6b/g0/R3_2019-_R1_A_4025066165643.jpg
2015-2018: https://d2y27enpay2u3z.cloudfront.net/images/CatalogImage/Get/sA0w0Mk05yPagfNj_FEdfJxv_UrCMxL0kwSTIHFmtps1.jpg?width=1200

Interesting they don't work on the 2019s. Since you bought these and they don't work, maybe you can post up a pic to show us HOW they are different and don't fit?

·
Super Moderator
1,294 Posts
Bluebird, it's because of how the 2019 R3's mirrors are attached to the bike. Adding extensions will make the mirrors more vertical (diagonal) rather than horizontally sideways like the previous gen.

2019-2020: https://www.mrashop.de/media/image/a6/6b/g0/R3_2019-_R1_A_4025066165643.jpg
2015-2018: https://d2y27enpay2u3z.cloudfront.net/images/CatalogImage/Get/sA0w0Mk05yPagfNj_FEdfJxv_UrCMxL0kwSTIHFmtps1.jpg?width=1200
Oh I see what you mean. So if you get extenders, they would need to be cut at an angle in order to move them out instead of up.

I suppose you could take the ones for the older models and modify them with a Dremel. Might work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh I see what you mean. So if you get extenders, they would need to be cut at an angle in order to move them out instead of up.

I suppose you could take the ones for the older models and modify them with a Dremel. Might work.
No, the foot print are now different, don't have the sharp point at the base, all new. If you look at the extenders up to 2018 you will see.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts