Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Dang. Bike thieves are running rampant these days. Will your ins cover it? Ill keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Once I had 3 bikes in one stable: WR250R, CRF250L and R3 in a shared secure car park under the building I once used to live in. I don't live there any more. When the thieves came, they could easily steal the R3 but instead they preferred WR250R. A great decoy heh. WR250R was hooked onto my trailer but that didn't stop them to wish to have this bike instead of a much easier target. The attempted theft happened early in the morning around 4-5am and it was about to be successful until my neighbour who wakes up early for his work came out and saw how HIS car which was standing next was being towed away by the thieves to give them enough room to get through to my bike. And they fled like in a hollywood movie.

All action was recorded on cameras. Enjoy watching:

Of course there was police and stuff. Then I purchased the thickest chains I could get to give them hard time next time. Those were a combination of crane chains and some motorcycle chains. And they did return a few months later but this time decided to live the chained bikes alone. Then I moved out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts