Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never hear it while riding with helmet on but whenever I touch the rear seat cover it rattles around and isn't snug. This bothered me so I ended up sticking some foam sealant tape onto the original rubber bump stops and no more rattle! Just 4 little pads cut and stuck worked. Takes a little more to click locked .

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Noticed that as well.

The Rear signals are all over the placed. Even at Idle.

Rear :p have you noticed the front ones also! I think these are the same ones from the older R6's and by tinkering with them they seem loosely inserted, not very snug from the factory. Be upgrading those with slim LED blinkers very soon, can't stand rattles and looking at things with a funky face at a stop light.

**I was thinking of removing them and wrapping a few small rubber bands around the grooves and reinserting them, might help temporarily till you get new ones.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Rear :p have you noticed the front ones also! I think these are the same ones from the older R6's and by tinkering with them they seem loosely inserted, not very snug from the factory. Be upgrading those with slim LED blinkers very soon, can't stand rattles and looking at things with a funky face at a stop light.

**I was thinking of removing them and wrapping a few small rubber bands around the grooves and reinserting them, might help temporarily till you get new ones.

Agreed. Very Floppy.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The indicators are great, quick release tabs, unclip in 10 secs and track ready.
no movement on mine., not that i'll ever use them again.

As for the rear seat, adjust the two metal hooks that go down, make them wider.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The indicators are great, quick release tabs, unclip in 10 secs and track ready.
no movement on mine., not that i'll ever use them again.

As for the rear seat, adjust the two metal hooks that go down, make them wider.
I think mine started rattling after I put my lady on the back for a short ride!
R3 is totally meant to be a 1 seater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts