Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Stopped the rattling rear seat!

2143 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Junpower
I never hear it while riding with helmet on but whenever I touch the rear seat cover it rattles around and isn't snug. This bothered me so I ended up sticking some foam sealant tape onto the original rubber bump stops and no more rattle! Just 4 little pads cut and stuck worked. Takes a little more to click locked .

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Noticed that as well.

The Rear signals are all over the placed. Even at Idle.

Noticed that as well.

The Rear signals are all over the placed. Even at Idle.

Rear :p have you noticed the front ones also! I think these are the same ones from the older R6's and by tinkering with them they seem loosely inserted, not very snug from the factory. Be upgrading those with slim LED blinkers very soon, can't stand rattles and looking at things with a funky face at a stop light.

**I was thinking of removing them and wrapping a few small rubber bands around the grooves and reinserting them, might help temporarily till you get new ones.
Rear :p have you noticed the front ones also! I think these are the same ones from the older R6's and by tinkering with them they seem loosely inserted, not very snug from the factory. Be upgrading those with slim LED blinkers very soon, can't stand rattles and looking at things with a funky face at a stop light.

**I was thinking of removing them and wrapping a few small rubber bands around the grooves and reinserting them, might help temporarily till you get new ones.

Agreed. Very Floppy.

The indicators are great, quick release tabs, unclip in 10 secs and track ready.
no movement on mine., not that i'll ever use them again.

As for the rear seat, adjust the two metal hooks that go down, make them wider.
The indicators are great, quick release tabs, unclip in 10 secs and track ready.
no movement on mine., not that i'll ever use them again.

As for the rear seat, adjust the two metal hooks that go down, make them wider.
I think mine started rattling after I put my lady on the back for a short ride!
R3 is totally meant to be a 1 seater.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.