Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
yup thats My video i made of that rear tire hugger. when i received it i was Surprised that it wasnt made of plastic but fiberglass if your not careful you will crack it. and Yes your right the holes did Not line up had to Re-drill the holes to make it fit properly. Other then that it seems to be holding up well no issues yet, but ill keep you guys posted.;) thats why i do these videos cuz there is NON out there to really show you what your getting.
Got mines on the way man its already in the states just hope usps doesn't try to cram the box in the parcel locker like they did with my helmet :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Initial impression was im in trouble once i started putting the hardware on and did not hear the fiberglass creek i knew i was ok install was pretty straight forward thanks to the youtube video all oem bolts lined up did not have to redrill overall wish it was a plastic but hey i knew this going in i will report back any durability issues

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Initial impression was im in trouble once i started putting the hardware on and did not hear the fiberglass creek i knew i was ok install was pretty straight forward thanks to the youtube video all oem bolts lined up did not have to redrill overall wish it was a plastic but hey i knew this going in i will report back any durability issues
Is there any problem with oil from the chain flinging up on the wheel or on yourself since the Storm swingarm cover doesnt have that extended guard over the chain and rear sprocket?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not that i have noticed i will check and post back later i do use motul chain paste though just giving feedback on it the tire hugger is holding up pretty well i wash my bike sometimes with an electric pressure washer and no issues there either

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi all

getting a cover for mine to hide a bit of damage, however if you think the cover is cool i found this on a indonesian website for the R3 @ 3.000.000 indonesian rupees, dam! (around $530 to ship to the UK)

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi all

getting a cover for mine to hide a bit of damage, however if you think the cover is cool i found this on a indonesian website for the R3 @ 3.000.000 indonesian rupees, dam! (around $530 to ship to the UK)
You could probably fix whatever damage you have for less than that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your bike looks sensational Marshy. 2 questions:
1) I've got a 160 rear tyre on my R3. Does it look like it would fit the storm hugger?
2) has the riser kit affected normal road riding handling?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your bike looks sensational Marshy. 2 questions:
1) I've got a 160 rear tyre on my R3. Do you think the storm hugger would fit over it?
2) has the riser kit affected normal road riding handling?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
rear hugger and a 160 tyre

Thank you, the R3 is taking shape a bit now, ok, the rear tyre, I think you would get away with it, it may mean carefully modding the actual hugger or even putting pacers between the hugger and swing arm cover.

I originally put the riser on and it sharpens the front end up a bit, i mainly did it as the bike was to low down for me, any way these are expensive to buy, and this is where I can make a suggestion, the rear shock is very "springy" so i put on a Kawasaki ER6 shock.
advantage are these are about 20mm longer than the stock shock, so you get the height, and you get a much better ride on the back end, I was amazed at the difference, and it cost about $35, in your money.

I have some Hyperpro progressive springs on order and some heavier oil to help the front as thats way to soft, other than that the bike is a blast had a fireblade but this is so much more fun!, let me know how you get on, what mods have you done if any?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you, the R3 is taking shape a bit now, ok, the rear tyre, I think you would get away with it, it may mean carefully modding the actual hugger or even putting pacers between the hugger and swing arm cover.

I originally put the riser on and it sharpens the front end up a bit, i mainly did it as the bike was to low down for me, any way these are expensive to buy, and this is where I can make a suggestion, the rear shock is very "springy" so i put on a Kawasaki ER6 shock.
advantage are these are about 20mm longer than the stock shock, so you get the height, and you get a much better ride on the back end, I was amazed at the difference, and it cost about $35, in your money.

I have some Hyperpro progressive springs on order and some heavier oil to help the front as thats way to soft, other than that the bike is a blast had a fireblade but this is so much more fun!, let me know how you get on, what mods have you done if any?
which type of heavier weight oil did you use?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts