Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha, y'all. Francis in Hawaii here. Got a 2015 r3 that I made into a trike and have a few aftermarket items installed. I have a few questions on exhaust upgrades: Mostly here in Hawaii the freeway is not fast 55-65 mph mostly, so no need for an R6 speed or even adventuring into 80-90 mph. I enclosed a pix of my r3 trike that I built to work with my wheelchair.

Anyway looking at exhaust that will help midrange and some hi rpm excursions. I see a couple of Chinese ones here. What do you think of the pipe with the Loop? (just for High RPM race?

2 ebay sites for exhaust.
Exhaust System for Yamaha R3 YZF-R3 Motorcycle Header Slip On 51mm Muffler MT-03 | eBay Which slip-on to choose for street quiet? I already have a Akrapovic MotoGP Titanium Slip-On Exhaust. Comments?
mytriker3.jpg
TrikeNewRear.jpg

·
Super Moderator
936 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Must be tough having to live in Hawaii. :rolleyes: That's some set-up. Good on you for making it happen. I'll leave the technical advise for others more knowledgeable. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! I'm VERY impressed with your build. If your after actual gains, I would avoid anything Chinese.... I know Norton Motorsports has a performance package deal. I think Norton might even be a site sponsor here? Anyway, they have a package deal with a Yoshimura exhaust, ECU flash, and I think an airbox mod? I think it's right around $1K, but it's plug-and-play with there proven fueling set up. I think it nets you 3-5HP at the wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts