Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I'm looking for suggestions for a bike cover that is essentially weatherproof.
The one I have now works well but doesn't cover as down low as I'd like; the rear tire from the swingarm down is exposed.

Anyone using or have suggestions on a cover that covers the entire bike all the way down to almost the bottom of the tires? Not touching the ground or anything but almost. Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
As the title states, I'm looking for suggestions for a bike cover that is essentially weatherproof.
The one I have now works well but doesn't cover as down low as I'd like; the rear tire from the swingarm down is exposed.

Anyone using or have suggestions on a cover that covers the entire bike all the way down to almost the bottom of the tires? Not touching the ground or anything but almost. Thanks!
Dowco makes some great covers. That's the I've used this passed season. Waterproof, breathable, hot exhaust friendly, and covers the bike to about 3-4in off the ground. I purchaed it for about $100. Little pricey but it's an investment for the bike.

https://dowcopowersports.com/guardian-weatherall-plus-motorcycle-cover-sp-sport-bikes-50124-00/ - this one exactly is what I have.

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'll second the dowco. I've got one on my wife's bike and it is much nicer than my cycle gear one, which is falling apart. I'll be getting one this year for mine.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bought a low cost cover from the dealership, works great, but the cover leaves a million little white specks on the bike.

Go with the Dowco.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for replying so fast!

It seems that the choice is unanimous. I'll be looking into getting a Dowco =D

Reactions: onerevway

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You won't be disappointed!! :)
Oh I definitely am not. Ordered on Amazon, arrived within two days.

The cover covers right down to the lower portion of the tire and is plenty spacious for my bike. Does exactly what I was looking for it to do, shield my bike from top to bottom. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Reactions: onerevway
1 - 9 of 9 Posts