Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I dropped my bike 2 days ago but the weird thing is that the side fairing from the opposite side of the dropped has been "moved" from the correct postion. You will see in the picture that is pop out. I tried just to push it but I did not have any luck. It seems that I will have to take the entire fairing, which it seems it is a lot of work to see what is going on. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
From experience yes you will need to remove the fairing in order to feed it back into a small opening in the exact area. The fairing itself has a small tooth that'll go into the opening. This can prove to be such a PITA. I've tried without removing the fairing but unsuccessful due to not much range of motion.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If taking the fairings off and reinstalling doesn't do it, your fairing stay may have caused the fairings to shift and cause that misalignment problem. This has happened to me before on my 650.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Max,

the boys are correct having fitted a whole body kit without any instruction, I can tell you there are loads of the little insert brackets on the fairing they help lock it in position. Don't be afraid of this and use it as a learning session as you may wish to remove the whole lot at some point.
My advice is to leave plenty of time , be methodical, and most of all be firm but supportive when locating the little tags they can be a little difficult to engage all of the at the same time.
once you make sure the teeth are locked in and located, at this point you will see if the actual fairing stay is aligned and not bent out of shape.
I think this forum has some or if you look on google there is a run through on how to remove and refit the fairings.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts