Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I was looking for some recommendations on summer base layers.

I have a 1-piece suit on it's way in preparation for doing tack days and was curious as to what people generally wear under their suits. Are the moto specific pieces worth it? Would any athletic gear (UA, Nike, etc.) be just as good? I've also looked into Helly Hansen which is rather expensive, but maybe it's worth it?

Also, with the blistering heat of South-Central Texas I'd love a way to keep a bit cooler on the streets (if possible). My textile jacket is nice, but I wouldn't mind a little extra help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I just use the Under Armor or Nike stuff. Get the long sleeved heat gear. I prefer the compression stuff because it doesn't seem to roll up when putting the leathers on, or pull off when taking them off. Just makes it easier.

I doubt if the motorcycle branded stuff is any better. It is, most likely, the same material with the manufacturers name on it.

Not sure what is going to work best for you on the street. I don't ride on the street anymore.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I wear compression under armour leggings with nike moisture wicking shirts whenever I don the one piece suit

no complaints and much cheaper than similar products made by astars and dainese etc

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cycle gear has their own brand and it's much cheaper then UA and Nike.

·
Registered
271 Posts
thats what i have. Cycle gears Heat Out base layers. I bought the short sleeve shirt ($20) and riding shorts ($13).

Look for their sales. Picked them up as a set for $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yeah UnderArmor compression shorts and tee are nice. Astars and RS Taichi have some nice base layers too. I also got a nice RS Taichi summer mesh jacket that is perfect for spring/summer/fall. It has light armor in elbows and back, but I still wear my Icon armored vest over it. If you're not sleeves, I'd recommend some elbow guards and of course, still wearing gloves. Lots of crazy dudes in NY metro area ride in packs wearing only shorts and t-shirts. Road rash is no fun at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use Cycle Gear Heat Out. I have the long johns, long sleeve when I wear my leathers 2 piece suit. The skull cap is awesome too and helps keep sweat from getting onto my face. I ride a bicycle around town too and use the Heat Out shorts. Great products and cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts