Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So figured i would drop this here since i have not seen anything posted about this any where have you guys heard anything bad about these i have a R45T on order along with their F13T and a new RK XSO chain i may try both together or just either or they both seem to make enough improvement alone or together to justify the experiment i do not care so much about top speed don't live near a major highway and really only commute back and forth to work or ride the back roads
http://www.motosport.com/sunstar-aluminum-rear-sprocket

·
Registered
424 Posts
There can be a noticeable difference changing to an aluminum sprocket and a chain more directed at performance. In terms of changing the amount of teeth on the sprocket, there are countless threads already

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received the sprockets and chain today gonna try the install on the front see how the bike feels and then do the rear i installed an R6 throttle tube yesterday and that alone made a nice noticeable difference for the street will keep you updated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great, do post your review. I have the r6 throttle done also. I have the 13T on order, should be here next week. Just contemplating whether I should get the 44T or 45T rear.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. Post results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i put the 13T front sprocket on worked so well i managed to get pulled over lol. The bike feels great with the front sprocket pulls harder in all gears. I know my speedometer is off by a nice margin but the bike gets to 100 in no time compared to the stock 14t. I wanted to see if the front tire would come up the way i ride it and it didn't so i was happy about that. Now if i had to describe what the sprocket change feels like while on the bike. I would say it skips all the useless lower half of the power band with the stock sprocket keeping the bike in the fun part of the power band easily. Tomorrow i may put the aluminum 45t rear sprocket on with the new chain i will post as soon as i do though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the review, just what I needed. I was hoping there would be more people to chime in on my other post regarding ejk fuel controller but got no response.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got all the sprocket changes done the bike is currently setup -1 in the front and +2 in the rear gonna wait till i order the speedo healer to give any further details as far as what i think about it also its been raining lately so i have not had a chance to really get on the bike will report back with more information for you guys thinking about making these changes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts