Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on an earlier thread that you can change the preload settings from 3 down to one (i'm assuming the lower the number the softer the suspension). I weigh about 210 pounds but i only have a 30 inch inseam. I can't quite flat foot both feet and i'm wondering if adjusting the preload to maybe a 2 would get me closer without bottoming out on every little bump... thoughts?

·
Registered
545 Posts
It will get you a few mm closer to the ground. It will be softer though. Try it out. Easy and free. Can reverse it with little effort.

At 165 lbs before gear I prefer setting 4. The softer suspension actually jars my back more in the end.

Its not so much the travel issue but the handling of the rear during and after bumps.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Setting 4 is the best for me. Better handling and not too stiff for my road use of course.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so in the end its not going to get me a half inch closer to the ground just going to make handling harder?

·
Registered
196 Posts
you will not really notice a big difference in feet touching ground by adjusting rear shock softer. tiny difference.

Scoot your butt up closer to the front closer to the gas tank. that makes a big difference helping feet on ground. the farther back you sit the wider the seat the more difficult it will be to reach the ground

1 - 5 of 5 Posts