Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the switch to GP shift.
The vortex rearsets I bought made it super easy to switch.

I remember seeing a video of a guy setting up GP shift and using a sharpie to give a reference of where to do the 180 degree spin on the shift handle.

Vortex included a GP shift length rod with the kit.

Took less than 5 minutes. now to get used to the shift pattern.

Also cleaned my chain and re lubed it . Giving this Dupont Chain Saver spray a try for the lube...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
How are you liking it? I was goi g to switch when I got my rearsets but the **** rod it came with is just thick enough that it hits other parts and prevents smooth shifting.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well
I only switched through the gears while the bike was on the stands.
But it feels smooth.

I really like the vortex rearsets. I think they were only $300 delivered. compared to 400+ for woodcraft and $500 for satos.

The other reason was, the track day parts guy that is usually at the events I go to usually stocks vortex replacement parts, if I were to go down...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My only complaint about the Vortex rear sets is that the shift rods it comes with are no good if you're running a QS because they're too long. But I just found out a few days ago that actually the OEM shift rods work perfectly with the Vortex rear sets when running a QS! Before I knew that I ended up cutting down the Vortex rods and rethreading which was a PITA because that is a pretty hard steel they use (unless my dies are just that shitty). Now I got myself a couple of OEM ones so I have a spare. Don't want to miss out on more track time for a $7 part.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well
I only switched through the gears while the bike was on the stands.
But it feels smooth.

I really like the vortex rearsets. I think they were only $300 delivered. compared to 400+ for woodcraft and $500 for satos.

The other reason was, the track day parts guy that is usually at the events I go to usually stocks vortex replacement parts, if I were to go down...
Vortex ones are actually $419 retail, same exact as Woodcraft. There were some specials from a few distributors around initially where some people were able to get them for about $320 shipped or so...but don't get used to that. That's not retail.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts