Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over a patch of gravel and lowsided around 20km/h on a turn this past weekend. Everything was okay mechanically, just some scratches on the fairings.

I was riding these days and had a feeling I was usually going slower than what the speedo was indicating (vibration feel and wind noise at certain speeds). So I installed a speedo app on my phone to measure against it.

I found that the speedo was off by +5km/h at around 60km/h, and +10km/h at around 120km/h. I also noticed the tacho was off as well. I was able to tell due to the shift point settings + shift indicator light, which are set in 500rpm increments. I tried reseting my shift points today for the indicator light and noticed the increments were moving sort of in-between the bar lines when adjusting, which points to the tacho needle being offset.

I'm assuming the tacho and speedo are dependent on each other, so if one is offset, the other naturally would be as well. Any chance I could've knocked something in the tacho when the bike was dropped?

I've search on this forum and generally google this but couldn't find anything on how to diagnose or resolve this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Might be worth a try to unhook battery for couple minutes and see if it's any different after you hook it back up.

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts