Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm quite new on this forum.. i just had an issue today when i was cruising with my bike (2016 model), whenever my rpm hits around 10k, the tachometer gave me Er3 code with abs light and the dial itself going faulty.. but when it hits 11k rpm the whole thing is back to normal, can someone explain what is wrong or have any experience with this kind of problem? is the ecu needs to be checked? thank you! 馃槂

Registered
Code Er-3 is an ECU internal malfunction, output signal error, indicating that data from the ECU cannot be received correctly - either by the meter (dash display) or a connected diagnostic tool (in your case it appears to be the dash display connection). Here is the process for diagnosing the problem. Start with the easiest connectors and move toward faulty parts in that order. Most likely a connector, could be the display.

Font Parallel Number Pattern

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Pattern

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Code Er-3 is an ECU internal malfunction, output signal error, indicating that data from the ECU cannot be received correctly - either by the meter (dash display) or a connected diagnostic tool (in your case it appears to be the dash display connection). Here is the process for diagnosing the problem. Start with the easiest connectors and move toward faulty parts in that order. Most likely a connector, could be the display.

View attachment 70303
View attachment 70304
thanks for the info regarding the error code! 馃槃 i suspected there's smth wrong with the wiring, i did recently replaced the radiator fan motor and adjusted the co level at an authorized service.. imma give them a call just to be sure.. many thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts