Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Love this bike have just under 5k miles into it. I really didn't like the body style at first as my father owns a 2015 R1 but it grew on me.
An I'm having fun modding the snot out of it making it a bike I love but I can NOT get over the tail at all.
So my question is do the mounts and fittings on the R3 match up to any-other tail you guys know of in Yamahas lineup?
Or heck I honestly wouldn't mind a cbr tail either really like r6 tail slim and stacked style looks nice and I think it would look natural on the r3.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I Love this bike have just under 5k miles into it. I really didn't like the body style at first as my father owns a 2015 R1 but it grew on me.
An I'm having fun modding the snot out of it making it a bike I love but I can NOT get over the tail at all.
So my question is do the mounts and fittings on the R3 match up to any-other tail you guys know of in Yamahas lineup?
Or heck I honestly wouldn't mind a cbr tail either really like r6 tail slim and stacked style looks nice and I think it would look natural on the r3.
Here is an inexpensive fender eliminator that can use either stock or aftermarket lights - from Amazon
Vagabond Motorsports

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
This one might work for you

http://candimotor.com/tail-body-model-ducati-panigale-for-r25-mt25/

·
Registered
2015 R3 racebike
67 Posts
On the R6, they bolt plate to the tail frame and use it to hold various parts. You could do the same to adapt something custom. Might have to get creative. I would say find a tail you like, then buy an inexspensive version of it, then after you figure how to mount it, buy a nicer version of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts