Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are! These seats use extra firm 1.5" thick foam to raise the riding position a little over an inch and provide a more comfortable seat at the same time. These are made from an OEM seat, so fit and finish with the bike is excellent, and there is a $50 refund if you send me back your OEM seat after receiving and installing your new Supersport seat.
Enjoy!

NortonFab Motorsports R3 Supersport Seat

·
Registered
79 Posts
Loved the seat this past weekend. Didn't think a small change in seat height would change anything but I had no leg cramping at all during all day Friday practice or even all day racing on Saturday. I had major cramping after a half day at a track day 2 weeks before. Thanks again Jesse!

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loved the seat this past weekend. Didn't think a small change in seat height would change anything but I had no leg cramping at all during all day Friday practice or even all day racing on Saturday. I had major cramping after a half day at a track day 2 weeks before. Thanks again Jesse!
Awesome! So far I've received awesome feedback on this new seat. I'm so glad it's working out so well!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I forgot to check yours out last weekend. I dont mind the lower seat, but I have my rear-sets in the lowest position possible. I havent had any issues yet, but its always in the back of my mind, as Im goin through turn 2, wondering how close I am to scraping a foot peg. The taller seat would probably allow me to get my rear sets up a bit higher, and alleviate that concern. I too get cramped when the rear-sets are too close to the seat.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to check yours out last weekend. I dont mind the lower seat, but I have my rear-sets in the lowest position possible. I havent had any issues yet, but its always in the back of my mind, as Im goin through turn 2, wondering how close I am to scraping a foot peg. The taller seat would probably allow me to get my rear sets up a bit higher, and alleviate that concern. I too get cramped when the rear-sets are too close to the seat.
Yeah, you're probably close. The lowest position on my risers is 60mm (2.36") higher than stock, and I know guys with rearsets 2" above stock who are dragging pegs. This is the whole reason I created the higher seats and worked with Hotbodies to design a taller race seat.

Jesse

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, you're probably close. The lowest position on my risers is 60mm (2.36") higher than stock, and I know guys with rearsets 2" above stock who are dragging pegs. This is the whole reason I created the higher seats and worked with Hotbodies to design a taller race seat.

Jesse
Ive really been looking at it, trying to measure some lean angles, its definitely close. However, its at about the same spot as my exhaust. So if I hit peg, that means Im really close to hitting exhaust. I dont put the peg on the ball of my foot like most people, I try to stick my toe in right where the peg bolts on to the rear-set. If I didnt do that, I would be dragging my toes I think. Im gonna do some thinking and tinkering over the off season. Ive found a few other things that I will be getting from you, so I may just add a seat to that list. You will be hearing from me before the next race season starts. Thanks Jesse!

Will

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the business! there's a note in your package about returning your OEM, if you use the same box it's sized to keep shipping costs to a minimum with USPS Priority.
Cheers
Jesse

·
Registered
309 Posts
They do fit all model years of the R3. There was no change done to the bike from the rider seat towards the back on the newer model years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts