Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Tell Us About Your Close Calls

8K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  Maxpressure520 
Yesterday just me and one car on a 4 lanes in each direction road (50 mph typically 55 traffic), seriously no other traffic. I'm in the fast lane, he comes up parallel for a minute, and then attempts to merge with my bike. It's like they try to run me over on purpose. Anyway so he's half way into my lane, and I'm on the brakes no problem. Tootled my horn, and driver SLAMS on the brakes ...

was riding to university one morning when a car pulled out in front of me, panicked when they saw me and stopped sideways in the lane blocking the entire lane
HA this is what almost always happens!!! Oh sh!.. pulled out in front of someone, better stop and block the entire lane for sure! Doesn't matter if you're on a bike or in a car, it's the same result.

Years ago my buddy locked up the wheels in his Golf GTI (traffic ahead sudden stop, commute time, etc) and the bike behind him locked up, and scraped down the side of his car. This was before I was riding. I remember he said the rider was okay though.

On the freeway, someone changes lanes and doesn't see me, I drift behind the car. They didn't try to straight-up merge with my bike, but their rear bumper would have been like 2 feet in front of me. As I'm slowing down opening up the gap, they spot me ... and slam on the brakes naturally when they freak out. It's like people try to get in accidents: dayum I just cut someone off, better brake check everyone!!

Not a typical close call, but kinda freaked me out. So as I'm creeping forward in the right turn lane, there is a car to the left with a truly huge dog in the car in the back seat and the rear window half way down, kinda barking at other cars. One of those flimsy cheap old square sedans like a Reliant K or something. Anyway as I get up parallel to Mr Woofy and looked over, this beast just starts raping the crap out of that door trying to get to me, window is flexing and the frame is bending as the dog is just pounding from the interior. The older guy is completely stunned, and I took off before the dog broke his car, heh. That dog would have knocked me over most likely, he was a monster. I was surprised the door frame was actually flexing out under the weight of the dog.

So yesterday I'm cruising down 99 South, and I'm just to the left and rear of a larger trucker, when one of his rear tires lets go. Quite the display of tire rubber flying everywhere!! Glad I wasn't behind the truck right at that moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.