Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, it looks like it's going to happen. I've located a R3 powerplant along with most of the stuff needed to run it. The R3 motor was definitely my number one choice for installing in a heavily modified FZR400 chassis. The rear suspension is already pretty much done and I'm still working out what direction to go with the front end. Wheels will be either from an R3 or a 300 Ninja but I still deciding on what fork and internals to install. Target weight of the bike is 270lb without gas. The motor will be mostly stock except for tuning and a pipe. I may install high-compression pistons, but that's about it for the motor. The gas tank will be a custom or highly modified stocker for endurance racing. I'm still deciding if I'll install a dry break system or simply make the tank large enough to go for three hours without refueling.
Stay tuned!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hmm. Surprised I missed this.

Motor and frame should be a sweet combo. 45 hp and 300 lbs should be plenty of fun.

Curious to see how you go about the tank. What kind of capacity would you need for 3 hours? I'd imagine the fuel weight would be a huge factor in this solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts