Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saying Hello from Thailand. I have a 2016 R3. I was born and raised in Calif, I moved to Thailand. I decided after owning numerous Yamaha moto's in the US (FZR1000), (FZR750RR OWO1), (FZR 400) (R1) I would try a YZF R3 here. This is a fun little moto. Nimble enough to get around in what little traffic I see but a blast to ride in the mountains in Northern Thailand.

Anybody add a Power commander to theirs yet?

You ought to see what some of the Thai folks are doing to their rides. Some pretty slick stuff(Couple guys retrofitted single sided swing arms). There is a big following over here.

How do you post pics here?

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
The best way is to upload to a photo sharing site like Photobucket and then link to the pic in your comment with
tags
Best thing is an anonymous imgur upload. That way the pics don't go poof when someone's account goes inactive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So riding motorcycles over here in Thailand can be really fun. virtually zero police, awesome winding roads in the mountains. HOWEVER, while some have to avoid bad drivers here this is what I have to contend with;

Yep, Elephants. Northern Thailand is loaded with them. I have encountered them 2 times. First time was Mom and calf. I grabbed and handful of brake and spun it around and was grabbing gears. 2nd time was a big bull just cruising down the road. I pulled off and let him disappear into the brush.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for post of the same pic

Here is the other pic. I took both of these off some riders page.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts