Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesse, I think I can speak for all YamahaR3Racingn.com's customers & forum members in saying thanks for all your help and support, and for your sticker gift. Because of the personal nature of your small business and being so accessible and available for questions or opinions, you've got a loyal fan base. I applaud you for not only working your day job, but finding time to blog, run a small business and still have time to race. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Same here! I wonder if people will notice/get upset if I put YamahaR3Racing stickers on their trailers in the paddock when they're not looking? I already had plenty from the parts I bought from Jesse lol

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Thank you everyone for your continued support. This all began as a little R3 build experiment. I'm thrilled so many people have found my experimentation and blogging so helpful and I'm excited to be able to continue building the best Yamaha R3 parts I can. Lots of new stuff coming this year, stay tuned and check out the site for updates!

http://www.yamahar3racing.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thank you everyone for your continued support. This all began as a little R3 build experiment. I'm thrilled so many people have found my experimentation and blogging so helpful and I'm excited to be able to continue building the best Yamaha R3 parts I can. Lots of new stuff coming this year, stay tuned and check out the site for updates!

Hi Jesse, you deserve support and kind comments. I fitted the racing pads you supplied and it were a night/day change in performance. So good it put my rebuilt CBR to shame. Fitted sintered racing pads to it and again the upgrade id impressive. Cannot understand why they are not a standard fitting. The ABS takes care of over energetic braking.

·
Registered
255 Posts

I check the site multiple times a day looking for new parts. Jesse is my "drug dealer" :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I check the site multiple times a day looking for new parts. Jesse is my "drug dealer" :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol...I purposely don't do that, because if I keep looking at stuff, I know I'll buy something that I really don't need lol

I think at this point my bike is fine with all the parts I got on it...I just need Jesse to fly over here and do a 1-on-1 training for a weekend so I can get my slow ass to go faster! lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
...I just need Jesse to fly over here and do a 1-on-1 training for a weekend so I can get my slow ass to go faster! lol
I've actually thought about the possibility of a road trip to Chuckwalla to see if he'd do the same for me. LOL

I am seriously considering going to Femmewalla, but the logistics of that trip are nuts; no boys allowed for that trackday, though :p

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've actually thought about the possibility of a road trip to Chuckwalla to see if he'd do the same for me. LOL

I am seriously considering going to Femmewalla, but the logistics of that trip are nuts; no boys allowed for that trackday, though :p
That's a long way from where you're at! I don't think it's worth it when you live in TX where there is no shortage of great riders on little bikes. CMRA has a lot of people that race on 300s, R3s, etc. Surely there are some very experienced guys that can coach you locally. I'm not familiar with any riding schools there, but even if it's a track day, you should be able to get some quality help from one of those guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's a long way from where you're at! I don't think it's worth it when you live in TX where there is no shortage of great riders on little bikes. CMRA has a lot of people that race on 300s, R3s, etc. Surely there are some very experienced guys that can coach you locally. I'm not familiar with any riding schools there, but even if it's a track day, you should be able to get some quality help from one of those guys.

I actually ride with some of the faster CMRA guys at the track on a near weekly basis. I've been talking to one of them about coaching recently so that should happen soon. :)

The thing about Chuckwalla was kind of a joke, but the serious part of it is that I really would love to do Femmewalla to meet, and possibly ride with, female racers like Caroline Olsen and Melissa Paris. That event looks amazing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I actually ride with some of the faster CMRA guys at the track on a near weekly basis. I've been talking to one of them about coaching recently so that should happen soon. :)

The thing about Chuckwalla was kind of a joke, but the serious part of it is that I really would love to do Femmewalla to meet, and possibly ride with, female racers like Caroline Olsen and Melissa Paris. That event looks amazing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, it's pretty lame actually....of course I'm only saying this because I'm not allowed to go! lol It's a sexist event! >:D

Melissa Paris is pretty cool. I had the pleasure of meeting her and talking for about an hour. There are some wicked fast female racers around the country...I still think Elena Myers is probably the fastest one, and it's unfortunate that she's not racing anymore.

Reactions: Ruby

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
There are a few racers that come out here from Texas once and awhile including a pretty cool girl I've known for awhile.

·
Registered
255 Posts
There are a few racers that come out here from Texas once and awhile including a pretty cool girl I've known for awhile.
I know who she is; we ride the same track on open days. I haven't met her formally, though. My shyness combined with the fact that the younger guys swarm her doesn't make it any easier to just go say hi; she's quick and seems like a cool person. A number of people tend to "shy away" from me, honestly; it's tough being the unattractive girl at the track, but I go and ride and have fun so that's what counts.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Yeah, it's all about riding, nothing else matters. That's the whole fun of the race track...

Erica is sweetheart, she just loves racing and motorcycles and loves anyone with the same passion.

I know who she is; we ride the same track on open days. I haven't met her formally, though. My shyness combined with the fact that the younger guys swarm her doesn't make it any easier to just go say hi; she's quick and seems like a cool person. A number of people tend to "shy away" from me, honestly; it's tough being the unattractive girl at the track, but I go and ride and have fun so that's what counts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts