Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my R3.
You won't find a nicer one, for this price. Very low miles. $600 worth of accessories.
The only reason I am selling it, is because I don't ride it much. I'm going back to one bike.
I have the Fireblade, and that's all I have time for.
Don't waste your time and money at a dealer, come get mine. It's clean and ready to go.

Here's the AD:

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/6095370671.html

:)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah.. I'm doing the same thing soon enough. I want just one bike and for me, the R3 just isn't it.
GLWS... hopefully we still see ya around here from time to time.
Thanks. I'm not leaving the forum.
We talk about all things "moto related", not just R3 stuff. So i'll stick around.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm selling my R3.
You won't find a nicer one, for this price. Very low miles. $600 worth of accessories.
The only reason I am selling it, is because I don't ride it much. I'm going back to one bike.
I have the Fireblade, and that's all I have time for.
Don't waste your time and money at a dealer, come get mine. It's clean and ready to go.

Here's the AD:

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/6095370671.html

:)

Ha! Now you have the fire blade and I have the slow gsxr 750 :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha! Now you have the fire blade and I have the slow gsxr 750
I've had the Fireblade for 4 years now.
I got the R3 to keep the miles from racking-up on the Fireblade, but I don't have much time to ride either bike.
If I get to ride once a week, i'm lucky. Such is life.

The Gixxer-750 is certainly not "slow". They are nice.
Better than a useless 600.... but not as good as a 1000. :laugh:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had the Fireblade for 4 years now.
I got the R3 to keep the miles from racking-up on the Fireblade, but I don't have much time to ride either bike.
If I get to ride once a week, i'm lucky. Such is life.

The Gixxer-750 is certainly not "slow". They are nice.
Better than a useless 600.... but not as good as a 1000. :laugh:

Just playing mate. Always enjoyed conversing, I know you had the blade for sometime . Was just goofing. The r3 left both of our garages. My mechanic is talking to me about down the road turboing it lool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just playing mate. Always enjoyed conversing, I know you had the blade for sometime . Was just goofing. The r3 left both of our garages. My mechanic is talking to me about down the road turboing it
All good. No worries.
I still have my R3. It has not sold yet.
I think a turbo kit on the R3 would be very cool, as long as it didn't sacrifice reliability.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Price drop to $4k. It won't go any lower.
Seems like everyone who really wanted an R3 already got theirs.
They were selling like hotcakes for awhile. Story of my life. :|

·
Registered
113 Posts
Price drop to $4k. It won't go any lower.
Seems like everyone who really wanted an R3 already got theirs.
They were selling like hotcakes for awhile. Story of my life. :|

Once someone realizes the TRUE worth of an R3, i.e. FUN, it'll sell! (At least you still have your BIG BOY bike to play with)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Once someone realizes the TRUE worth of an R3, i.e. FUN, it'll sell! (At least you still have your BIG BOY bike to play with)
Well, it's in a niche segment of the market.
People can certainly use a small sportbike to get around on... but mostly they are just toys.
Not many people have extra money to spend on "toys" right now. Which is understandable.
If someone needs cheap transpo, and they want a small economic bike, the R3 is a good choice.
The fact that they are also "fun" is icing on the cake.

I'm keeping my "big bike" because I will never get another one like it ever again.
The new one's are just too expensive. My CBR is paid for. I own it. I will keep it.
There are plenty of days when I would rather ride the R3. But I don't really need more than one bike.
Gotta keep it real, ya know. 0:)

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
Might be slightly early before used bike sales really pick up, though maybe SoCal is already in full swing. Still a bit wet and windy up here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm keeping my R3 and getting a triumph Daytona 675. Why? Don't know. I love my R3 to much to get rid of her. I'll love both of them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts