Yamaha R3 Forums banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
agreed, I removed both guides, but I think as you mentioned, you might be able to leave the left side one.
Got everything installed and no rubbing or clearance issues lock to lock. My only concern is the brake line and throttle cables. Since I had to angle the throttle assembly upwards so cables would clear RHS bodywork, the throttle cables are now on the outside of the brake line rubbing against it. Should they be on the inside of it? I did notice bike was revving higher than normal on start..

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys,
This is such an informative guide... but with the new 2019 version, its a totally different ball game. Clip-ons are stock below triple clamp and i cant refer to any information abt clip-ons for it regarding clearance issues and such

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
The 2019 has WAY more room for clipons. I don't have any experience testing with the stock bodywork, but since the OEM clipons are already below the triple, you can just remove the clocking bolt and lower them and rotate where you want until it causes issues. Our steering stop will reduce range of motion to allow you to go lower without interference, and we recommend the Woodcraft 1" rise 47mm set for optimum positioning. This is what I use on my 2017 that has been converted to 2019 forks, bodywork, etc.:
Woodcraft 1" Rise 47mm clipons - Norton-Motorsports.com
Steering Stop - Norton-Motorsports.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 model

Remove top yoke (triple tree) and clip ons

Remove cable and hose tidys, chop away and bin them

Open throttle cable/starter switch housing and remove the locator pin with dremel so you can turn the assembly so the throttle cables are close to brake lever as possible, pull throttle tube out as far as it will and tighten assembly onto clip on

Put clip ons back on forks and yoke over top. If yoke won’t go all the way into place apply front brake and rock back and forth)

Bolt clip on to yoke from underside using 35mm M6 bolts (replacing the shorter M6 bolts that went from top to bottom through yoke into clip on)

Tighten yoke and clip on hex bolts and center fork nut

Loosen very slightly the 12mm banjo bolt and change angle to minimise flex of brake hose

Tidy cables with zip ties to the ignition barrel to keep wiring out of the pinch point between frame and ignition barrel

Lowered to the max and no rubbing and still full lock to lock, cost £1.17 for 2 35mm M6 bolts and 1 zip tie

141 - 147 of 147 Posts